Wednesday 22 February 2012

Everyone has the ability to surprise you!!

Ok, I know I said that the World of Wedding Stationary was up next, but I just couldn't wait to share this one with you. And you all have the loveliness of Dan to thank for this extra mid-week treat!!!


It doesn't matter how long or how well you have known someone, they will always have the ability to surprise you in ways you never thought they would!

As I am sure you have gathered from my previous posts, Dan is not especially interested in the finer details of our wedding and I don't think he is really that bothered about whether our colour scheme is blue or shades of blue of luminous green for that matter!

So imagine my surprise when I receive an email at work saying "I heard this piece of music and thought you might like it to walk down the aisle to it". Now before I go any further I have a confession to make...I am not cool when it comes to music. I like the chart stuff, love some of the popular bands around, but my musical tastes are heavily influenced by the Radio 1 playlists! I also have another confession...I am partial to a little bit of classical music, mainly solo pianists, but occasionally string quartets and solo cellists.

Now I have managed to keep this a secret from Dan up until the point we went to Portugal last year. Unbeknown to us our hotel was directly on one of the busiest streets in the resort and it contained a number of late night bars and clubs. We arrived at our hotel room at 2am to the sound of nightclubs in full flow, lots of drunken holiday makers and the sound of glasses being broken. Not what we had pictured! I couldn't sleep and as any of my family and friends know I am not a nice person to be around when I haven't had enough sleep. I decided to listen to my iPod to try and drown out the noise and get myself to sleep. I put my favourite classical album on. Dan heard. "What are you listening to Ange?" "Piano music" "Since when do you listen to piano music?" "Since ever, it helps me relax and I like it" "Oh". And nothing more was said.

Until, the email... Dan did say it was from the This is England 86 TV series, so I immediately had my reservations - I don't really fancy walking down the aisle to Duran Duran or Bannanarama! I clicked on the link...and it was a beautiful piece of music by solo pianist Ludovico Einaudi (I wont tell you the track name as it is a contender for my aisle music).

I was (to be honest) a little shocked and a bit emotional. Dan may not be the most romantic soul on this planet or care as much about the design elements of our wedding as I do. But he does care about the things that really matter to the both of us. In hearing this piece of music he has imagined himself standing at the end of the aisle and me walking towards him about to be his wife. In this one simple and unassuming gesture, he has surprised me and made me love him even more! I also cant believe he thought about my aisle music this early on!

Thanks for taking the time to read, feel free to comment or share.

Ange xx

No comments:

Post a Comment